Sunday, September 9, 2012

Old Things I Miss/New Things I Love

Things I Miss From America:

  • Mom, Dad, Layne
  • Family
  • Friends
  • Nellie
  • Ella (and Buddy I suppose)
  • My silent room
  • Cheese curds
  • Extensive collection of clothes and shoes
  • Working at Spa del Sol
  • Stout
  • Driving
  • Verizon
  • Living in a log cabin
Things I Love In Scotland:
  • New friends
  • Host family
  • BlackBerry overload
  • Volkswagen overload
  • European car brands
  • European cars in general
  • Fashion in Edinburgh
  • Castles
  • Travel opportunities
  • Public transportation
  • Landscape
  • Cool fall weather
  • Colorful money
  • Living in a PALACE!!
Although there are a few things that I really miss back in America, there are tons of things here that make up for it! I also know that the distance now will make returning home in November that much more special. :)

1 comment:

  1. Hi honey! Nice to hear about your tour guide experience. Enjoy every minute cuz Boo will always be here.

    I sent your camera cord in the mail today--might get it before London. Oh, Mark Tully sent me this about London (he's a big buff about London)Lauren HAS to go to the Campden Locks district -- HAS to. The market burned, but the adjacent streets are packed with stalls containing the trendiest fashions in all of London:


    http://camdenlock.net/


    She will gush over this.

    So check it out!

    Some more questions: How do most Scotlanders feel about cessation from England? What do they think of the Royal family (the majority)? What do they think of Obama? Romney? Did you apply for an absentee ballot? Should I look into that for you? Not sure how it works when you're overseas.

    What kind of music do they play at most store (background music)? Do you watch programs on the teli? Why types of programs? Do they have similar commercials? Have you talked to the locals at the pub?

    All for now. Enjoy your trip!

    XO

    ReplyDelete