Tuesday, August 21, 2012

1 week in!

So far, I've been in Edinburgh every day that I've been here! As much as I love it, it gets to be a little much after a while. Because of the Fringe Festival going on here, there are tons of people every day. One of the cool things is that there are street artists and vendors. It's fun to watch the different acts. Some people truly are so talented! Today we saw a lady who was painted and wearing all gold, and she moved so slowly and deliberately that she looked like a doll from a jewelry box! I also stopped to look at the local vendors, which   was mostly hand made jewelry and clothing/accessories. There was a gorgeous stall selling bracelets, necklaces and earrings made from vintage and one of a kind buttons. Naturally I bought a fabric bracelet with a mirrored gold button in, what else, black! For those of you wondering, yes I have a budget. No I haven't spent all my shopping money yet!
This year, they have the Scotland program set up by modules, which means that we have one class at a time for about 2 weeks at a time. I'm currently in a theatre appreciation class, which is great since the Fringe Festival is going on right now. The festival attracts people from all around the world, so it's very interesting seeing so many different cultures in one. I will appreciate when it's over though, because I am starting to get sick of having flyers for every single show shoved in my face whenever I walk down the street. So far I've seen about 6 shows, including Sweeney Todd and Elephant Man among others. Tomorrow I'm off to see Clockwork Orange, then 1 more after that. This is the last week for the theatre class, so we're trying to squeeze in as many plays as possible!
Also, I managed to get a cable cord for my camera, but of course it was the wrong one. So I ordered a different one and if this one isn't right, well that's just a sign that you all aren't meant to see my pictures! If only I had a camera with WiFi!
What else does everyone want to know? Sometimes there are things I glaze over because I assume not everyone wants to hear about it. Let me know! :)
P.S. For my fellow car freaks, I saw yet another Aston Martin today. I was standing on the curb, close to the edge and it roared by. My heart literally stopped and I gasped so loudly my friends were concerned something was wrong!

1 comment:

  1. Hiya sweetie:) Love to read about your adventures. Things to tell us about: interesting new food you've tried (suppose you won't try haggis but what about "tatties, porridge, or a black bun"), the price of things surprising or not, new animal encounters like finding a "hi-land cuuuu" (did you meet Charlie yet?), trends you notice (clothes, ads, decor), the weather, the funny phrases, if you engaged in a conversation of a local--ask someone new a question every day, how are the showers, are you eating good?, do the plants and trees in the park look the same as here?, did you try the zip line?, did you find any spiders in the palace?

    Ok, enough for now I guess :) Keep exploring! XO mom

    ReplyDelete