Sunday, November 11, 2012

One week until touchdown

I officially have one week left in Scotland. 7 days. That's it. It's hard to believe that this much time has passed by so quickly. I've lived in Dalkeith for over three months now. How have I survived this long without cheese curds I'll never know. But seriously. I miss those things. Tomorrow we have our first re-entry to the United States session. This is where we talk about what we expect when we go home. From what I've heard, the culture shock coming back into the United States is surprisingly apparent. I'm sure there will be a few things about Scotland that I'll miss, but I'm definitely looking forward to cheese curds! Ahem!! I mean, my friends and family! I come home a few days before Thanksgiving, so I'm lucky enough to get to see my family right away! I can't wait to share my stories with all of you. After Thanksgiving with both sides of the family, I'm off to Stout to say hello to my campus (and friends!) before I have to go back to work at a real job.
If anyone wants anything brought back from Scotland, let me know before it's too late!! (Unfortunately, a sheep won't fit in my carry on, so that's out of the question.)

On an unrelated note, I have a new car! (For those of you counting, this is my fifth.) I bought a 1990 Volkswagen Cabriolet in nugget yellow, with tan cloth interior. I stayed up until 3AM bidding on eBay. (No, this isn't the first time I've bought a car off eBay.) After I won the car, I PlayBook chatted my dad and we spent about an hour looking at pictures and talking about everything I can (and can't) do with it! (Can: look cute, make everyone jealous, have convertible hair Can't: put more than one bag in the trunk, put tall people in the backseat, use CDs) I promise to take everyone for a joyride in it as soon as I get it! It's currently in New Jersey, so we're working on how to get it home to Baraboo. I'm following in my grandpa's footsteps...he has a yellow manual Volkswagen Ghia convertible as well! They'll look great cruising down the back roads of Baraboo together come summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment